Items with no label
3335 Discussions

sr300 and Cortana (Windows 17713.rs5_release.180706-1551)

idata
Employee

Recent upgrades to Windows 10 post creators edition have not permitted Cortana to access the SR300 microphone.

This is the only app that has a problem. All other apps seem to work fine including msft voice recorder and any skype, google meet, etc. type apps.

If I troubleshoot cortana and run the "cortana can't hear you" fix, the microphone works fine. It's just cortana that does not turn it on.

Is this a known compatibility issue?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

After build 17134 ('April 2018 Update'), some people had a range of hardware problems, which I believe included mics. A solution that someone recommended is linked to below.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have already done this as well as all the troubleshooting MS suggested. In addition to the camera driver uninstalls, I have removed and had the system update the sound driver, BlasterX Senz3d VF0810 driver. That driver is actually MSFT supplied with a date of 7/6/2018 and a version of 10.0.17713.1000.

What's weird is that the mic works for all other applications that I use like sound recorder, skype, google meet, etc. Just NOT cortana.

Thanks for the suggestion - still no love.

Best,

D

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

It is probably a Windows issue rather than a RealSense issue, since the SR300 can function as an ordinary webcam when not being used as a RealSense depth sensing camera. And the mic in the SR300 is treated like an ordinary PC webcam mic.

I located a guide to the Hey Cortana voice feature. There are options you can enable to keep the mic active.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/18418-turn-off-hey-cortana-windows-10-a.html Windows 10 Help Forums

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

So the issue was a windows problem. I was able to trace it to the speech recognition settings. Apparently during one of the windows upgrades, the US English Language pack was corrupted, so the speech recognition engine did not work. I reinstalled it and rebooted. All is now fine with Cortana.

Thanks for everyone's help.

D

0 Kudos