Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Statistics not avaliable on 32gb optane drive

SWood4
Beginner

Hi, I'm using an Intel Optane drive to accelerate a secondary 4TB HDD for gaming. The install was easy enough and I enabled the drive no problem. My only problem is that the statistics are not avaliable for me for some reason even though I have a 32gb optane drive.

Also something else I have noticed is that my "iaStorAfsService" is set to stopped and if I try to start it through services it quickly turns on and then immediately truns off and gives me an error "The Intel(R) Optane(TM) Memory Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not iin use by other services or programs."

Also Task Scheduler does not have anything in the intel folder.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SWood4
Beginner

Forgot to mention here is my System Support Utility Log.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 6010fd12,

Thanks for posting your questions in the Intel SSD community.

Regarding your question about the statistics not been available for your Accelerated secondary drive, in the following link under the hardware and software section you will find information about your question.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024018/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

Basically, the Statistics tab will only show when accelerating a boot drive, the drive that has the OS installed. The secondary drive will not be shown. I have shared your feedback about this to the engineering team for them to add this feature.

Regarding your issue with iaStorAfsService.exe, I would need some additional information to properly troubleshoot this issue.

What is your system configuration?

What Windows version are you using?

Are you running any anti-virus in your system? If so, what anti-virus are you using?

Are you using the latest version of the RST driver? If not, please follow this link so you can download the latest version.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/55005

I will be waiting for your feedback to continue troubleshoot your issue.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello 6010fd12,

I would like to know if you have any additional question or if your issue stills persists?

If you have any question please let me know.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos