Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Laptop display keeps losing visuals although I can see it is still on by tilting screen (slight backlight)

AHodg1
Beginner

I have a Asus GL552V with inteli7 and GTX960m 1 month old. I have it hard wired but it keeps losing display, I can see power is still there but no picture. Happens all the time whilst browsing or gaming. Updated everything I can think of, can anyone out there please help.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CCris2
New Contributor II

Hi @Anniemmo,

When that problem happens is the picture on display coming back ?

0 Kudos
AHodg1
Beginner

Sorry I should have said, no I have to do forced shut down on power button. I'm not that IT savvy to be honest.

0 Kudos
CCris2
New Contributor II

If don't have anyone who knows more about computers, my suggestion is to go at the closest asus service with your laptop, as it maybe a hardware problem on your laptop that can not be fixed with software.

0 Kudos
AHodg1
Beginner

Ronin

thank you so much for taking the time to help, much appreciated.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Anniemmo:

Thank you Ronin for your contribution on this.

Anniemmo, I would like to recommend some troubleshooting that can be performed.

1. If possible, test the behavior of your system with a single external display.

A. Connect an external display

B. Hit Windows key + P and select "Second screen only" or external could be there too.

2. If the problem persists, disable each GPUs and test the behavior of your system. This is to find out if the problem follows one of them.

A. Access the device manager, go to display adapters, double click

B. Right click on the first GPU (Intel® HD Graphics or NVIDIA) and go to properties

C. Go to drivers tab and uninstall the drivers, select "Delete the driver software for this device"

D. Once uninstalled, disable it from the device manager.

E. Access the BIOS and check if there is the option to disable it there (if not, previous step should work)

Please do this with each display and let us know if the problem follows one of the GPUs (Intel® HD Graphics or NVIDIA)

Additionally, please provide me with the information below.

-Intel® System Support Utility report

-Fill out this form /thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

How to get that report?

-Access: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

-Download the utility

-Scan your system with the utility

-Export the report and attach it to your answer with the advanced editor option

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Anniemmo:

I was checking this thread and wondered if you were able to perform the troubleshooting advise above as well as the information requested.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey, Anniemmo:

I was curious if you were able either to check the troubleshooting recommended above or take the device to an Asus service center to get it fixed.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos