Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Dell U2412M monitor max resolution not listed for my Intel HD Graphics 520

idata
Employee

HI.

I just got a brand new HP laptop with an onboard Intel HD Graphics 520. I used an HDMI 2 VGA adaptor to plug my Dell U2412M monitor to the laptop. It should all work fine however the max resolutionlisted for the monitor is set to 1920 x 1080 while the real max resolution is 1920 x 1200. I tried everything, i.e. making this the primary monitor, installing the latest monitor driver from dell, etc, etc...

I created a custom resolution for 1920x1200 and its a bit better. But it is still a bit crap and the anti aliasing is a bit bad...Somehow I got the feeling that the intel driver sees the monitor as a "digital TV"....

Anyone has any idea on how to fix and how to get the right resolution available?

Note that on my previous very very old laptop could get the max resolution on the VGA cable without any problems...

FYI here are the details of the driver (I think its an HP driver):

Graphics Product [1]Intel(R) HD Graphics 520Graphics Driver Version20.19.15.4360

And the laptop is an HP Envy with:

ManufacturerIntelModelhttp://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/ Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz

Any help would be very welcome!

Christian

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CCris2
New Contributor II

Hello ChristianSyl,

The HDMI to vga adapter you use has an internal chip that converts hdmi to vga and it seems that is not reporting the correct resolution capabilities to your laptop.

I recommend you to use a hdmi to dvi adapter as this adapter doesn't need any chip to convert signals.

You can also try to use this generic driver and see if its working: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25957/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88355 Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

This is the latest driver and you need to uninstall completely the old driver before installing this one.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CCris2
New Contributor II

Hello ChristianSyl,

The HDMI to vga adapter you use has an internal chip that converts hdmi to vga and it seems that is not reporting the correct resolution capabilities to your laptop.

I recommend you to use a hdmi to dvi adapter as this adapter doesn't need any chip to convert signals.

You can also try to use this generic driver and see if its working: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25957/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88355 Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

This is the latest driver and you need to uninstall completely the old driver before installing this one.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ChristianSyl,

I'm just following on this thread to ask you if your issue was resolved with the information provided by Ronin or if you still need further assistance.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Yes it was! I just marked it as the correct answer.

Thanks mr./miss Intel Corporation for following up!

c.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You're very welcome, and thank you for sharing with us that the issue was resolved.

Best wishes,

Ivan

0 Kudos