Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Instant black screen after Intel Graphics 530 Install

CChad
Beginner

I've recently had to return my PCI graphics card and use the integrated for the first time. IHDG 530 was installed and it boots up to what should be the Windows login screen with a black screen. In safe mode I've uninstalled the driver and restarted the computer with the generic driver. I have installed both the latest Intel driver and the mobo specific drivers. Each time the driver completes instillation the screen goes black and I need to restart in safe mode. I have tried different monitors with different cables, uninstalling Visual C++ and absolutely nothing works. Please help!

mobo: Asus z170-A

16gb 2400 DDR4 2x8

Windows 10

i5-6500

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi chad_h,

In regards to the driver installation issue. Let's try to narrow down the problem changing the BIOS settings.

Get into the BIOS and verify if you are already using the latest BIOS version 1801. The processor supports memories up to 2133MHz, if they are working at higher speed downgrade it.

The processor base frequency should be 3.2GHz and save changes. Then, review if embedded graphics option is enable and working as primary option. Save BIOS settings.

Restart the system and try to boot (normal mode); if it is not possible, do it with the save mode. Go to device manager, display adapters and uninstall and delete the current Intel and third party graphics driver then, restart the system.

Try to boot again and install the graphics driver version 4444 available in the link below.

Version 4444

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25957/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25957/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88345

Let me know how it works.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi chad_h, I am following up your case. Let me know if graphics driver version 4444 solves the issue.

Regards,Mike C
0 Kudos