Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14405 Discussions

i7 4790K Default Values

idata
Employee

I am not familiar with the overclocking but I afraid tried to do something. I researched about this subject and read a lot of pages. After a few changes my temperature values started to get higher when CPU is under stress.

In normal usage the temperature is 45-50°C. When I try to benchmarking, it goes beyond 80°C and almost reach the 90°C.

I am using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility which comes with MSI motherboard's disc. I guess I messed up. There is a lot of options to modify but the problem is I don't know which settings is the best.

I know (According to my research), every hardware overclocking limits is different. I don't have a problem with that. Because I am no longer interested in this topic. I just want to set my settings to default at least.

My native tongue is not English. I hope my writing is easily understood. Please help!

My specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K

GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro 8GB

Mainboard: MSI Z97 G43

Memory: Kingston HyperX XMP DDR3 CL9 1600 MHz 4x2 Dual Kit

Case/Power Supply: ZALMAN Z11 NEO 700W Mid Tower Case

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

If you are looking for default settings for your processor, just need to load defaults on your motherboard BIOS, this would be:BIOS screen, Settings, Save and Exit and select Restore Defaults.

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the answer. I tried before for several times but it didn't work.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Default values are not available through Intel since this is established by the BIOS and computer manufacturer. You can find different settings by checking the processor datasheet: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/4th-gen-core-family-desktop-vol-1-datasheet.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/4th-gen-core-family-desktop-vol-1-datasheet.html

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I am not engineer and like I said before my native tongue isn't English. Hard to understand when the both come together. Can you look at the picture below and say it is fine?

Initially I made some changes and I used restore defaults. Then some settings were restored to default values. But some changes which I made were remained the same. I decided to use default values which it has shown in the Extreme Tuning Utility. But BIOS defaults and Extreme Tuning Utility defaults was not the same. So I am asking this question because of it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

At this stage, I recommend waiting for another peer to chime in this thread and provide default settings for third part motherboard BIOS and your processor model.

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well, thank you anyway. I will be waiting.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I hope you can get different information from other community members.

Allan.
0 Kudos