Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

What is the source for RAID Web Console 2 events in Windows server 2008 r2 system log?

MPari4
Beginner

What is the source for RAID Web Console 2 events in Windows server 2008 r2 system log?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

The Intel RAID Web Console 2 can generate logs when you go to the physical tab and by right clicking the RAID controller you will see the TTY option.

For Windows logs you will find details under Application.

Regards,

faugub_intel # iwork4intel
MPari4
Beginner

Thank you for your answer. After right clicking RAID controller in physical tab i don't have the option for TTY.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

That happened because the TTY logs options is only available for hardware RAID solutions. In this particular case, since you use ESRT2, click in the Log option at the top and select save.

You will get a text file with log information.

0 Kudos
MPari4
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Sadly the saved log file doesn't give me information i need. If something goes wrong with the RAID, then RAID Web Console 2 should create an event in Windows Server Event VIewer. What i want to know is, when RAID Web Console 2 creates an event in Windows log, what is source for that event? I want to use it to filter out events sent by RAID Web Console 2 and filtered events i want to use for monitoring on my ZABBIX server.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

What happens with this particular situation is that since you use the embedded RAID solution on the motherboard, the generation of logs will not appear in the Event Viewer. The RAID solution will communicate directly to the BMC instead of the Operating System. The BMC will allow communication with the RAID array.

Unless you experience BSOD or any other kind of hardware issue, you will not get any extensive log information in the Event Viewer.

0 Kudos
MPari4
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

0 Kudos