Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Does Intel HD graphics have a 'geforce' equivalent app?

KMcLe1
Beginner

Hi,

Does Intel HD graphics have a 'geforce' equivalent app? I want to adjust to a special resolution to fit the screen to my attached tv. Right now, I have an Nvidia card, but with my next computer, I might go without a dedicated nvidia graphics card. Without this adjustment though, the resolution doesn't fit perfectly based upon the prespecified resolutions in windows. For example, right now with geforce experience, I was able to adjuct to the weird resolution of 1824 X 1026, which is customized for my 37" screen, from 1920 X 1080.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, Intelforlife:

Thank you for contacting the Intel Communities.

The graphics control panel is present with Intel® HD Graphics

This allows you to set different graphics configurations in your device, one example is custom resolutions

I went ahead and tested that resolution that you would like to use and it worked for me.

This is the configuration of the system I used:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4590 Processor

GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 4600

RAM: 8 GB

Driver: 10.18.15.4279

Here the screenshot of the custom resolution set

If any additional questions or inquiries are present, feel free to contact us back.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
KMcLe1
Beginner

Thanks for your response. How do I access this 'Intel HD graphics control panel'? I tried looking it up online but it says to right click on desktop and a click graphics properties. I'm in Windows 10. However, when I do this, the only thing that is available is the 'Nvidia control panel'. Was the Intel HD graphics control panel replaced or overridden with the Nvidia one on my computer? Would the Intel control panel appear by default on an Intel based PC that doesn't have a dedicated graphics card, or is it something that must be downloaded?

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Intelforlife:

I would like to gather some information from your system in order to better answer those questions.

-Please provide me with the Intel® System Support Utility report.

How can I get that report?

-Access: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

-Download the utility

-Scan your system with the utility

-Export the report and attach it to your answer with the advanced editor option

Hope I can hear from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
KMcLe1
Beginner

Hello again.

I downloaded that program and ran a scan. I've attached the results here.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, Intelforlife:

Thank you for the information provided.

Do you have the option to enable the Intel® HD Graphics 530 in the device manager or at BIOS level?

The Intel® System Support Utility is recognizing the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 only, this happens with some boards that automatically disable the iGPU (Intel® HD Graphics 530) when an external graphics card is added to the system.

How to check this in device manager?

Access the device manager, double click the display adapters, check if you have Intel® HD Graphics 530 available there.

At BIOS level this can or cannot be available, it may be under advanced options.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey, Intelforlife:

I was curious about how the information provided assisted you on this matter, are you still having the same behavior from your system?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos