Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel HD 520 Driver 20.19.15.4444: settings won't save

OZast
Beginner

Hi,

graphic drivers got updated in my Windows 10 64bit installation via Windows Update. I have Intel HD 520 within Core i5-6200U. The problem is that everytime I restart my computer, I have to change power settings in Intel HD Graphics Control Panel. To be more specific, in battery section I have to disable "Display Power Saving Technology" which makes my display dim or get brighter in interfering steps depending on the displayed image. I had no problem in previous version of drivers which were 20.19.15.4380.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OZast
Beginner

Now I found out that the driver comes from manufacturer of my notebook. It is Aspire R5-471T. Could you please fix the problem with Acer?

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/support-product/6397;-;R5-471T Product support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi andrewz1986,

Please let me know if you are trying to install the latest graphics driver using Windows 10 update or using Acer driver and manual tool.

Additionally, tell me the current BIOS version of your tablet.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos
OZast
Beginner

As I already said, the update came from Windows Update service. I went back to older version, but the update already appeared in Windows Update again. Since I cannot dismiss any update, only postpone it, it is a real problem.

My BIOS version is 1.09.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
OZast
Beginner

I found out that the mentioned settings value resets everytime I change power mode (balanced, high performance, ...) in Control Panel, so I tried to disable Power Management ("C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer Power Management\ePowerTrayLauncher.exe") and Quick Access ("C:\Program Files\Acer\Acer Quick Access\QALauncher.exe") actions in Task Scheduler and the problem seems to be solved. There must be some glitch inside these (or one of these) Acer utilities in combination with latest driver version..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi andrewz1986,

I am glad you were able to fix the issue and you are right, it seems to be an Acer configuration issue.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos