Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

HD 530 - Cannot install drivers

idata
Employee

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

1) The latest drivers will not install. It gets stuck on the installing Intel Display Audio portion no matter how long I wait, no matter which driver I use. Even installing manually from device manager does not work.

2) I deleted all intel drivers using display driver uninstaller. I then allowed the system to install the intel drivers on its own, which seems to be the only way to install any intel drivers.

3) If I use the drivers installed this way by the system then I get many issues. I receive no signal through the displayport, forcing me to use hdmi. The drivers prevent my computer from shutting down and I end up with BSOD. Occasionally when I leave the computer, the monitor loses signal and I am unable to retrieve the display signal until after I restart the computer. I get constant screen flickering with XMP on, to the point of the computer becoming unusable. All of these problems are avoided if I use the basic microsoft drivers, but then I'm limited in what I can do.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Intel HD 530, i7 6700k

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Only iGPU

<td style="padding: 0 5.4pt; border-right-width: 1pt; border-bottom-width: 1pt; border-style: none solid solid none; border-righ...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, in2456:

Thank you for the information provided regarding this.

I would like to double check some things, and provide you with some troubleshooting you can perform.

1. Please let me know which is the driver version that cannot be installed in your system.

2. Which are the drivers that generate the BSODs (driver version)

3. What happens if you test the behavior of your system with a single module of RAM? (single stick)

4. If possible, test the behavior of your system with another set of RAM

Hope you can follow the troubleshooting above.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

in2456:

I was checking this thread and wondered if you were able to fix this issue? or gather up the information requested before if not.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hey, in2456:

Just wanted to check if you were still facing the issues with the driver installation?

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Esteban C
0 Kudos