Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel HD 4600 - OpenGL does not work

JMa14
Beginner

Hi,

We developed an OpenGL application and delivered to our cusotmers, and found out OpenGL 2d render does not work at all.

Graphic: Intel HD 4600 with latest driver 10.18.14.4156

Our application is video player, it works for directx, direct3d, gdi render, but can not play video via opengl render.

It's black if I set the output as opengl.

I used a opengl test tool, seems that it passed the software verification:

I tried to use a open source video application VLC to play video via opengl render, similar issue - blank screen.

So I guess opengl render does not work at all.

Can somebody help me on that?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I am currently researching on this issue. As soon as I can, I will send you a message with my findings.

Allan.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I have been testing VLC with OpenGL video output but I did not get blank screen when playing videos.

I downloaded the latest VLC 2.2.1 and the latest Intel(R) Graphics Driver version 4170

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=4th+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4600 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=4th+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4600

Allan.

0 Kudos
JMa14
Beginner

Thanks for your support, Allan.

I will remote log in our customer's PC this night, and upgrade the driver version to 4170.

I will update you the status as soon as I get something new.

P.S.: More information from our customer side, they own 3 PC with same configuration, but only 1 of them has such issue.

I tried to uninstall the graphic card driver manually, and installed the driver from Internet, nothing help.

0 Kudos
JMa14
Beginner

Allan,

Our support engineer upgraded the driver to the latest one - 4170. But same issue, still black screen.

Could you please provide more information? or some tools we could use to test the environment.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I tested VLC and driver 4170 but I did not get any issues.

You could test the graphics controller by performing a test called Intel diagnostic tool http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-031726.htm Processors — What is the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool?

Also, if possible you could share a demo version of your OpenGL program so I can test it on our labs.

Allan.

0 Kudos
JMa14
Beginner

Allan,

I run the tool, and it seems that all items passed.

I tried the opengl application again, still black.

Our opengl program must work with a health care video equipment. You could use VLC ( set the lvideo output as opengl, not the default) for testing.

Thanks.

Julie

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

It might be that your computer model needs customized driver from your computer manufacturer.

Allan.

0 Kudos
AAndr39
Beginner

Greetings

I have notice on this issue... As you can see on the picture below, OPNEGL version is missing!

I wonder if is this any issue due to latest driver update? or if it is normal?

I remember the first day i bought my laptop machine, OPENGL versions show me "version 4.2" (after some updates it simply disappear)

"my SO windows is in Portuguese so, because of that please sorry"

Any answer about this would be appreciate

I am an architect and i work mostly on opengl softwares. Some times it felt i loose viewport performance compare to old INTEL DRIVER

Thanks
0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I have opened the graphics report for one NUC system and two laptop computers and I got OpenGL version reported on the graphics control panel. They all are using the latest Intel Graphics Driver version 4170.

Try getting customized drivers from your computer manufacturer.

Allan.

0 Kudos
AAndr39
Beginner

Thanks for your answer.

I have my intel HD 4600 updated as you can see in my picture. But still no OpenGL version on Control Center.

If i go trough manufacture official web site (wich is CLEVOCENTER) they have old drivers. I think it is not a go idea get back to there.

Is there any other options available? or is this an ISSUE from INTEL DRIVER? (i have update it from official Intel web page)

0 Kudos