Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

[HELP] My HDMI port suddenly stop WORKING - I never been able to fix it since 2 years now (FRUSTRATED)

ALePr
Beginner

Hi everyone!

It's the first time that I'm writing on here..I'm very desperate and I hope someone will be able to finally help me solve my issue.

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L655 (from Canada) running on Windows 8 Professional x64. I think since I updated it from Windows 7 Pro (or Vista..not sure) my HDMI port suddenly stop working. I spent days and months trying to fix the issue with NO SUCCESS AT ALL.

My VGA cable work, but HDMI is completely offline - no signal on the tv, nothing happen.

I CAN'T EVEN ENABLE IT (see image below...I really don't know what to do)..I did my windows update..drivers update too..I tried to disable/enable my Display card but NO RESULT AT ALL.

PLEASE HELP

Here's my dxdiag details:

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Have you checked the BIOS for HDMI port Enable/Disable?

Based on the picture you sent to us, it seems this feature belongs to Toshiba. There might be some BIOS settings or any way to uninstall that HDMI feature from your computer. I recommend contacting Toshiba tech support https://support.toshiba.com/contact Customer Support | Toshiba

Allan.

ALePr
Beginner

Hi Allan,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I just checked my BIOS screen and I couldn't find HDMI anywhere. There's nothing else I can do? When I called Toshiba they told me that I need to pay..it's so ridiculous.

Here's some more details if that can help:

Windows 8 Professional (x64) (build 9200)

TOSHIBA Satellite L655 PSK1EC-03F00Q

BIOS: INSYDE 1.40 05/17/2010

The HDMI is just gone..out of my system..can't find it anywhere. Maybe I need to install an hdmi driver but I really don't know where to find the right thing for my laptop.

Any other suggestions??

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

The Intel Graphics Driver carries the HDMI codec, not the driver. You could try installing generic Intel graphics drivers for your graphics controller:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24870/Intel-Iris-and-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-64-bit Intel® Download Center

Please bear in mind you will load generic drivers that may not provide you with all graphics features included on your customized drivers provided by Toshiba.

Allan.

0 Kudos