Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

WiFi adapter Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 not working when this router parameter is on: "802.11 N Support Required"

RZamu
Beginner

Hi All,

I use a notebook HP Elibook Folio 9480m using windows 7) at home (inside there is a WiFi adapter Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7260).

I have no problems when connecting WiFi using the default configurations from my router/modem from my provider.

Always that I change the parameter "802.11 N Support Required" from off to ON, the laptop does not connect anymore,

I really would like to know what is going on, since nothing is working.

Best Regards //

Rubén

I´m aware of this information but still not working: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity (no VHT mode in HT option for instance)

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Salmon,

Is the wireless adapter native to your system (installed by factory) or was it chaneged for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260? if it is native, we recommend to use the drivers from the computer manufacturer first even though their latest version may differ from the ones found in our download center.

If after updating the drivers you notice that the issue is istill present, as a second option, you are welcome to try our latest driver (18.33.0) according to your OS version and architecture (32 or 64 BIt). For your convenience, here is the link for our drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75440/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-N-7260 Drivers & Software

Another important point to check is to confirm if your router/modem is running the latest firmware as well as it may contain improvements implemented by its manufacture.

Please let us know the outcome in order for us to move into the next step.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Salmon,

We have not heard from you since you first interaction with us. We would like to know if the suggestion above helped you to resolve the issue. Please let us know at your earliest convenience.

0 Kudos