Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

I'm unable to host an ad hoc connection with an Intel dual band wireless-ac 7265

EGuer
Beginner

So in the past, I've been able to tether my cellphone and then share the connection using my laptop's ad hoc (kinda like a hotspot). It worked perfectly until I bought a Toshiba Satellite that comes with no LAN adapter or CD Rom cause it's more like a tablet/laptop. Well, I figured that it has a dual band wireless, it should be able to use the wireless card as a host and share an ad hoc connection but I keep getting an error message every time I try to start the ad hoc connection. These are my following commands:

"netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=(Name of Host) key=(Password)"

then this displays:

The hosted network mode has been set to allow.

The SSID of the hosted network has been successfully changed.

The user key passphrase of the hosted network has been successfully changed.

I then try to start the hosted network with this command:

"netsh wlan start hosted network"

Error Message:

The hosted network couldn't be started.

The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.

Is there something I need to configure on the wireless card?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

eddieg87,

Our wireless adapters were not designed to be used as a hot spot. We understand that exist third-party tools that could help you achieve such connection, however, we can not guarantee that it will work.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

eddieg87,

We have not heard from you yet. Please let us know if you need any more information on the wireless adapter.

0 Kudos
EGuer
Beginner

Thanks for your reply. I figured it was just the way it's design.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

eddieg87,

Thank you for your time take to reply our messages. If you have any more questions or doubts, please do not hesitate to contact us.

0 Kudos