Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7445 Discussions

Windows 10 64 Bit - WPA2 personal + AES = Regular disconnects. TKIP = OK.

pRowe1
Beginner

OK I have two HP laptops with Inter Wireless cards and both suffer from the same issues under windows 10.

Unless I enable TKIP cypher on my SSID then I get a disconnect every 15 seconds or so, with pretty immediate re-connection.

I put it down to bad drivers on the first laptop, because I found an old driver from 2011 that worked fine, but I have a new HP X2 2110 with the Dual-band Wireless-AC 8260 and I have tried all available drivers versions and they all experience the same issue.

Only by enabling TKIP on my SSID does the wireless stay connected.

Every other device I can connect with no issues on AES. Only Intel wireless & Windows 10 have these issues.

Any ideas Intel?

cheers

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Pierrescotland,

According to official specification, the Intel® Dual-band Wireless-AC 8260 complies with the latest security/encryption standards as you can confrm it here: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/dual-band-wireless-ac-8260-brief.pdf Intel® Dual-band Wireless-AC 8260 - PRODUCT SPECIFICATION - TKIP, on the other hand, is one of the early security/encryption protocols and no longer meets the current security standards. Could you please be so kind and confirm which driver version you have for this adapter?

ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Pierrescotland,

We haven't heard from you since our last interaction. We would like to know if you still need our assistance regarding your issue.

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Pierrescotland,

We haven't heard from you in several days now. We would like to know if you still need our assistance.

0 Kudos