Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20633 Discussions

PC to TV using HDMI - pink layer is displayed

ashoh
Beginner

Hi,

When I'm connecting my Dell computer to the TV with HDMI, I see the display with a pink layer.

I have an intel graphics card, and from what I read - this could be a problem of color spacing. the Pc outputs Ycbcr while the TV expects RGB or ViceVersa.

Is that true? how can I solve it? please help me to get more details on this issue...

I have a "Pilot" TV (PIL42GS), and my computer is Dell vostro.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

Video: Intel(R) HD graphics family.

Attached my DxDiag output.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the graphics community.

I understand you are trying to connect your TV to your laptop computer.

Let's start by downloading and installing the latest video drivers for your graphics controller, this is available here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProdId=3319 Intel® Download Center

Please filter by operating system and try to install the driver when it finishes downloading, to verify that your system will accept it.

Make sure you are using straight cables, this time HDMI to HDMI cable.

Allan.
0 Kudos
ashoh
Beginner

Thanks Allan,

I upgraded to the latest driver (15.28.22.64.3517) , but this hasn't solved the problem.

Now the background is less pink, but it is more green... still not looking good.

I've attached my new DxDiag to my original message...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Sorry to hear you still have problems with external monitor.

At this stage, you need to test another HDMI monitor; this will let you know if the HDMI port or the monitor itself works properly.

Please check the link below for troubleshooting HDMI issues:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034397.htm Graphics — HDMI Technology FAQ

Allan.

0 Kudos
ashoh
Beginner

Hi Allan,

there's no general problem with the monitor.

It works just fine with another laptp I tested, and also Chromecast is connected to this HDMI port and it is working perfectly...

From what I read online - this could be a problem of color spacing. the PC outputs Ycbcr while the TV expects RGB or ViceVersa.

Does it make sense?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information.

I am testing an Intel® HD Graphics 3000 with HDMI TV and I did not get same issue, I have been testing same laptop with couple different driver versions, also different HDMI screens and as I mentioned previously, this may be an issue with your Pilot TV.

Test another HDMI TV and try installing TV drivers, the TV EDID will interact with the video BIOS, it may help with color quality.

Allan.

0 Kudos