Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Accidentally removed intel graphic

AMus
Novice

i hv uninstalled the intel graphic months ago, from the device manager>display adapter, if i am not mistaken. it is because my skyrim game cannot detect my dedicated gpu, some ppl recommend to just delete/disable intel graphic.

now it is gone. no intel graphic control panel. no intel as display adapter in dxdiag and device manager.

i cant even install the driver, said my laptop doesnt meet the requirement, even i hv downloaded the correct version.

help me pls

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AMus
Novice

okay i've found the way to solve this, by going to:

1. dvice manager>>display adater

2. click "Action" tab on top,

3. "Add Legacy Program"

4. select "display adapter"

5. select your intel graphic ver.

6. click install

BUT, 1 more problem, my intel graphic seem not working properly with error code 31. driver incompatible maybe? i've downloaed latest driver, but heard some ppl got the same error code.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AMus
Novice

okay i've found the way to solve this, by going to:

1. dvice manager>>display adater

2. click "Action" tab on top,

3. "Add Legacy Program"

4. select "display adapter"

5. select your intel graphic ver.

6. click install

BUT, 1 more problem, my intel graphic seem not working properly with error code 31. driver incompatible maybe? i've downloaed latest driver, but heard some ppl got the same error code.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Ariffmus, I'm glad to know you were able one of your issues with your system.

In order to help you, I would need you to provide me the model number of the Graphics controller of your system.

Regarding the error code 31, when are you getting this error?

Please provide me the operating system installed and the model number of your computer.

0 Kudos
AMus
Novice
OS NameMicrosoft Windows 8.1Version6.3.9600 Build 9600Other OS DescriptionNot AvailableOS ManufacturerMicrosoft CorporationSystem NameIDEA-PCSystem ManufacturerLENOVOSystem ModelCB-01___System Typex64-based PCSystem SKULENOVO_BI_IDEAPADProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)BIOS Version/DateLENOVO 74CN44WW(V3.05), 18-Sep-13SMBIOS Version2.7Embedded Controller Version3.05BIOS ModeUEFIBaseBoard ManufacturerLENOVOBaseBoard ModelNot AvailableBaseBoard NameBase BoardPlatform RoleMobileSecure Boot StateOffPCR7 ConfigurationBinding Not PossibleWindows DirectoryC:\WINDOWSSystem DirectoryC:\WINDOWS\system32Boot Device\Device\HarddiskVolume2LocaleUnited StatesHardware Abstraction LayerVersion = "6.3.9600.17196"User Nameidea-PC\IDEA-PC\UserTime ZoneMalay Peninsula Standard TimeInstalled Physical Memory (RAM)12.0 GBTotal Physical Memory11.9 GBAvailable Physical Memory5.24 GBTotal Virtual Memory23.9 GBAvailable Virtual Memory13.8 GBPage File Space12.0 GBPage FileC:\pagefile.sysHyper-V - VM Monitor Mode ExtensionsYesHyper-V - Second Level Address Translation ExtensionsYesHyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in FirmwareNoHyper-V - Data Execution ProtectionYes
0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Please try the latest graphics driver available https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23885 Intel® Download Center

There is a BETA driver that you could try, however it is not a production BIOS yet. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23985 Intel® Download Center

Some computer manufacturer does not allow the installation of generic Intel video drives. However, you may try forcing the installation of Intel generic drivers by performing manual procedure, see here for instructions: http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm Graphics Drivers — Computer manufacturer graphics driver detected

0 Kudos