Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Graphics Control Panel crashes when I select "Display" only when HDMI is plugged in

MArno2
Beginner

Hello, I just downloaded the most recent drivers today, version 15.36.21.64.4222 for Intel HD Graphics 4600

I updated this so I could have more options in the "Scaling" list in the Display panel.

The problem is the panel crashes when I have an hdmi cable plugged in and I select the "Display" option. All the other options (Video, Power, Options and Support, etc.) work fine, no crashing.

This only happens when a have another monitor plugged in through the hdmi port, when I don't have that plugged in, the "Display" panel works fine and I can use the options. It also works perfectly fine when I plug in a monitor through the vga port.

I've reinstalled the drivers multiple times, this problem keeps occurring.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ricardo_G_Intel1
Employee

Hello mdarnold,

I am not sure what your graphics controller is, please provide the System Information: Click Start> Type System Information> Click File> Export> Save File> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

Besides this please try another HDMI cable 1.4 version. What happen if you use only one display?

0 Kudos