Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

hd4600 problem with external display

GHorv1
Beginner

Hi Guys!

I am using an ASUS X550JX laptop (intel core i7 4720hq + hd4600) with an SAMSUNG T24D390 monitor TV in extended display mode with Windows 10. I have expereinced and issue using it. Sometimes the picture in external display has been dropped. The laptop is still in extended display mode but the screen turns black (voice disappear) in external display (on screen of laptop has no any problems), remote controll of TV does not work (TV does not react any controll). This problem occurs totally random (most of them after turning on laptop 5 minutes). If a plug off the hdmi cable then plug in it solve my problem and after that the computers can easily work without any problem even if i use it 10 hours constantly. Problem occurs using monitor with hdmi and using VGA cable also.

My configuration:

• ASUS X550JX with latest drivers.
  • Intel HD 4600 with driver win64_15407.4279
  • Windows 10 64 bit
  • SAMSUNG T24D390 monitor TV with latest driver (analog and digital) and latest firmware

I have already used this monitor with an another older laptop with Windows 7 but I have not experienced any problem.

Thank you Guys!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I will like to replicate this issue, please be sure to fill out this information as complete as possible.

Allan.

0 Kudos
GHorv1
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue AND 'does it fail every single time, or only sometimes?' If you can offer a % rate please do.

I use external monitor in extended display mode. The secondary display (a TV monitor) suddenly switch off, voice disappear and the TV does not react any command from remote controll. This problem occurs sometimes but this problem appear very often in 5 minutes after i switch off my computer. Problem does not deppend on what am I doing with computer. The computer does not switch back to one display mode (still in extended display mode), even if i cannot "reach" secondary display

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

ASUS X550JX + i7 4720HQ + HD4600

Hybrid or switchable graphics system? ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Hybrid with NV950

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below).

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) 

How much memory [RAM] in the syste...

0 Kudos
GHorv1
Beginner

All of software is 64bit (Windows 10 64bit, drivers are 64 bit version)

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for the information, I will update this thread as soon as I test it.

Allan.

0 Kudos
GHorv1
Beginner

Thank you for your work.

Some addition:

1. first row of table:

sometimes but this problem appear very often in 5 minutes after i switch off my computer.

grammar mistake, NOT switch OFF rather switch ON my computer

2. 4th row of table: EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in) (via HDMI (or VGA) a I rather use HDMI)

0 Kudos
GHorv1
Beginner
0 Kudos
TAlex5
Beginner

I have exacly the same problem with the same monitor on my desktop, not laptop. I have an Intel HD Graphics 2000. I also have this problem only with Windows 10. Please, help.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Please bear in mind the Intel® HD Graphics 2000 does not have graphics driver support for Windows® 10.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems

Allan.

0 Kudos
TAlex5
Beginner

I know, but Windows 10 already installed a beta version of this driver. This could be the cause? Eventually, it will appear stable version? There is no other solution?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

At this stage, Intel does not have plans to develop Windows® 10 for your graphics controller.

Allan.

0 Kudos