Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Intel Centrino Ultimate N6300 don't connect to 2.4GHz networks, only 5GHz.

PNaga3
Beginner

A few months ago I bought a brand new Notebook that comes with the Ultimate N6300.

I always used it in my house, with a 5GHz wireless router, and it always worked fine.

Yesterday when I tried to connect to another Wifi router (at my office) that works only in 2.4GHz, the notebook couldn't connect.

I've tried it in another places with 2.4GHz routers and I couldn't connect in all those places.

So I noticed that where I got 5GHz router, the notebook could connect.

So far I have tried:

1)Get the latest drivers

2)I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers

3) I already tried to reinstall my Windows 10.

4) I already tried to config my board (advanced settings) like this:

2.4GHz - AUTO

5.2GHz - AUTO

11n mode is enabled

ADHOC QOS=enabled

Mixed mode= CTS to Self

But everytime I try to connect after typing the password, while connecting, I can see the wifi adapter led turning off and on again (looks like the adapter reboots) and Windows tells me that couldn't connect.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

paulonp,

Verify if the routers are running the latest firmware. You also may want to check the following solutions found in this link: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-025393.htm What are the Advanced Wi-Fi Adapter Settings? for this type of issue. Windows*10 provides its own inbox driver for the Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300. If this wireless adapter is the one that came installed by factory, we recommend that you contact your computer manufacturer first and see if they have any available update. For your convenience, here is the link for the manufacturers: http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support Web Sites

0 Kudos