Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Why does Intel Driver Update Utillity display wrong chipset version?

MMari24
Beginner

I installed drivers on a new system. Since Acer for some weird reason doesn't provide GPU Windows 10 drivers (they do but on download page it says Broadwell and i have Haswell) i downloaded Intel Driver Update utillity. I didn't even look what driver it downloaded since i already had drivers installed by Windows Update, but af6ter install i got lots of errors so i restarted my PC and uninstalled the driver, and let the Windows install its own. Then i ran Windows Update again and it showed that it recognised it as 3rd gen processor, but as far as i know i5 4210U is 4th gen processor. How could that hapen?

Also does anyone know are there even Windows 10 drivers or how to instal as i appear to have version 10.x.x. installed?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Amy_C_Intel
Employee

Hello ppero196,

The Intel® Core™ i5-4210U Processor you have belongs to the 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 Processors, here you can check the specifications. From our end you can download the graphics drivers for this processor at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81497/Intel-HD-Graphics-4400-for-4th-Generation-Intel-Core-Processors Intel® Download Center.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos