Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Not able to update 2500 driver, help?

RL3
Beginner

Hi!

Hoping someone can help me with this issue. First things first. info:

processor: Intel Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge Quad-Core 3.2GHz (3.6GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 77W BX80637i53470 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500

I know there is an issue with the Intel integrated graphics drivers not always updating with Win10. Due to some crashing, I want to make sure it isn't the graphics driver for the 2500 causing my issues. However, therein lies the issue.

This is a system I built a couple of years ago, bought everything from Newegg. It worked great until about a month ago (about 3 weeks after Win10). CPU has never been overclocked or adjusted. I do have an NVidia card and drivers are up to date.

1. Tried d/l'ing the 64bit driver from Intel website, got the error message that my system doesn't meet the min requirements.

2. d/l'd the Intel driver Update Utility Software, it's not recognizing my processor. Read up on why that would be, but no changes have been made to the processor, and the manufacturer is Intel......

3. Tried tempting fate and d/l'd the 32bit version of the driver, as expected, said I didn't have the correct hardware.

Not really sure where to go from here. Hoping someone has some answers/suggestions.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I understand Intel is working on new drivers for Windows 10 for your graphics controller.

The latest version Intel offers is 4252

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25188/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-64bit-3rd-Gen-BYT- Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 64bit (3rd Gen & BYT)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25179/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-32-bit-3rd-Gen-BYT- Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 32-bit (3rd Gen & BYT)

If you have an issue to report, please be sure to fill out this information as complete as possible:

Allan.

0 Kudos