Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Issues with N2230 wireless card

SMeie3
Beginner

Hi all,

I am trying to install an Intel Centrino Wireless card N2230 in a mini PC with an Asrock Intel N3150-ITX mainboard, running Windows 7 Professional, 64bit. It's not working, though. Out of the box, the system configuration shows me a Bluetooth device (which is obviously the N2230 card), but no Wifi card.

I downloaded the very latest drivers for Win7-64bit from the Intel website, but that just makes things worse. Upon reboot, the windows logo moves just reeeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyyyy slow (hardly at all, in fact) and never completes. System restoration will ultimately crash (I see the screen where I can confirm returning to the last configuration, but hitting ENTER does nothing). When I remove the card, the computer will boot normally, and when I reinsert the card, I'm back to the initial status (Bluetooth device, but no Wifi card detected - booting without issues).

Does anyone have a clue what this is supposed to tell me? Computer seems to be fine with a different Wifi card, so I see two options:

1. Card and mainboard models are not compatible. If so, how could I have found out, and - more importantly - where can I find reliable information to make sure my next pick is actually compatible?

2. Card is defective. Means it will work if I have it replaced with a different N2230.

Any ideas? Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello Whyfly,

Intel(R) Wireless Adpaters are not meant to be sold to end-users, only to OEMs. With that being said, we would like to inform you that Intel does not support custom integrations. The wireless card may not be compatible to your system requirements. We recommend that you contact the PoP and/or the motherboard manufacturer to verify if they have any solution. For further information as to why we do not support integration, please access this link: http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-011644.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Regulatory Information Regarding Hardware Installation or Upgrade

0 Kudos