Items with no label
3335 Discussions

acquireFrame make freeze sr300 in R2,R3 SDK

JRyu5
Beginner

I dont have any ideas. please help me.

acquireFrame() is sometime returned Timeout and make freeze sr300.

five minutes after launching the app, or 1~2 hour later.

I try changing USB port and used USB hub with power adapter but it didn't make difference.

window10 :1703 build 15063.726

SDK : R3 11.0.27.8892

DCM : 12.11.38.553

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello CoconoeRyu,

Thanks for contacting Intel customer support.

What CPU are you using on your set up?

Have you tested with the latest drivers for the camera? In the following link you will find the information on how to troubleshoot the driver:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023694/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023694/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology.html

Can you please share with me the whole reproduction steps you are following to have the camera freeze?

I will be waiting for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
JRyu5
Beginner

I using Intel core 6700 and driver version is 3.3.27.5718 and camera driver seems to have no problems.

I think never freeze first time running Scan with acquireFrame after connecting SR300 at USB.

But there is a probability of stopping after the termination process before reconnecting SR300 at USB.

Maybe something wrong with dispose process in SDK.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello CoconoeRyu,

Thanks for your reply.

In order for us to better troubleshoot your issue we will need you to send us the SDK logs and clear reproduction steps for the issue. I will send you an email requesting this information.

Additionally please note that the SR300 has many problems with the latest versions of Windows 10.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
JRyu5
Beginner

Thank you for reply and mail to me.

Can you tell me the Windows10 version optimized for the sr300?

I'll tried window10 version 1703 and 1709 but same troubled now.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello CoconoeRyu,

Thanks for the logs, we have just finished reviewing your logs.

Regularly timeout errors are due to signaling issues. In the logs we can see the camera gets disconnected. The workaround normally is to use a USB 3.0 powered hub, but we can see that this didn't helped to resolve the issue. Can you try to connect the camera to a different computer? If the camera behaves the same in a different computer then the issue is probably on the camera.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
JRyu5
Beginner

Hello

Thank you for reply.

I tried 3 desktop computer and have same trouble.

All computers have Intel Core i7 6600 cores or higher.

Is there any way I can tell if there is a problem with my camera?

If I have a problem with the camera, can I get it repaired or replaced?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello CoconoeRyu,

In this case everything leads me to think this is a harware issue of the camera. It would be recommended for you to go to the place of purchase for a warranty exchange or refund. If you purchased the camera from click.com you will be getting a refund since the camera is out of stock already.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
aleon7
Beginner

Hi all,

I'm currently also dealing with similar/same issues. I am using Windows SDK version 11.0.27.1384 with a SR300 (Creative BlasterX Senz3D Developer Kit, Firmware version 3.21.0.0) on Windows 10.

I have been testing this with different applications by now:

1. The Camera Explorer from realsense samples folder

2. The 3D Scan sample from realsense samples folder

3. The software product I'm currently working on, which is roughly based on the 3DScan sample code and workflow.

Randomly the the apps would stop working / freezing while the camera stream is active. In my code I too traced this back to AquireFrame which will return a STATUS_EXEC_TIMEOUT after running fine for a while (around 2-10 min). Reproducing the issue is difficult as it seems really random. I cannot figure it out...

We have been testing this with various SR300 cameras and on multiple PCs, all running on windows 10. I have already looked into all kind of troubleshooting solutions in this forum including: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026184/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology.html Windows® 10 Issues with Driver for Intel® RealSense™ Camera SR300

Other threads I followed and solutions I tried:

• coconoeRyu did you figure it out on your side?

intel_corp I attached all the logs I could scrape together running my app and the samples I spoke off hitting the issue.

Would be very thankful for any thoughts, solutions and help on this!

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello A.L.,

I have discussed your issue with the engineering team and they have replied as followed:

The problem could be any of these that you mentioned:

1. SenseManager object not properly released and disposed

2. The camera hardware is faulty

3. The usb 3.0 port cannot maintain a stable power supply or bandwidth for the camera to work properly

4. Some Bug in the SDK

5. Some driver or firmware problem

Unfortunately, neither the SDK for Windows( https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense-sdk-windows-eol/notice) or the driver are actively supported so no bugs are being investigated or fixed. There is nothing more we can do at this point.

We apologize for this inconvenient.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos