Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Bom dia, em um sistema de servidor Dell R640 com processador Intel Xeon 5118 que tem barramento de memoria de 2400hmz, alguem sabe me dizer qual seria o meu ganho em desempenho se esse mesmo processador fosse com barramento de 2666mhz.

MPere22
Beginner

Em um sistema de servidor Dell R640 com processador Intel Xeon Gold 5118 Skylake que tem barramento de 2400mhz, se esse mesmo CPU tivesse um barramento de 2666mhz, qual seria meu ganho real em desempenho.? Alguém saberia fazer esse calculo?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Powermania,

I'm sorry for the delayed answer on this, I made some research and I think to answer to your question we need to take step back.

This Intel® Xeon® Gold 5118 processor, works at a base frequency of 2.3GHz and Max. Turbo Frequency of 3.2 GHz. The automatic process of increasing processor frequency depends on its work load and cannot be set at any given specific and fix operation frequency. Meaning there is no accurate way to perform the calculation as it will go up and down automatically.

Most likely with a given configuration, all the devices will decrease the general operational frequency at the lower device frequency. (Memory, processor, motherboard, etc.).

Also for further reference you may also check the documentation on the system you are using:

Dell support:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/poweredge-r640/research

Dell PowerEdge R640 Technical Specifications

http://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/poweredge-r640_reference%20guide2_en-us.pdf

note: Intel does not endorse the usage of third party sites or documentation.

I hope this answer your question, if there is anything else I can do for you or if we're ok to set this trend as closed please let me know so we can proceed accordingly, I'll stay tuned to your comments.

Regards.

Kenneth R.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Powermania,

First of I would like to wish you happy holidays, also following up on this trend I would like to know if the information provided answers to your question ans we can set the related case as closed or if I can do anything else for you.

In any case I'll stay tuned to your comments in order to proceed accordingly.

Regards.

Ken.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Powermania,

I hope you've enjoyed the holidays, also I would like to ask if you have had the chance to review the information provided previously, if so please share your results with us or in the other hand if no further assistance is needed I'll be glad to know so we can set this trend as resolved.

In any case I'll stay tuned to your comments.

Best regards.

Kenneth R.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Powermania,

I hope the information provided helps you, anyway since we haven't heard form you a while we assume no further assistance is required, hence, this trend will be set as closed.

If you happen to need anything else in regards to this matter, feel free to let us know.

Kennet R.

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos