Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Who knows 3dScan this example of the reconstruction principle?

jli85
Beginner

I use some open source kinfu algorithm library to do the model reconstruction effect is very poor, very much noise. But 3dScan example to do the effect is particularly good. I would like to know what algorithm it uses?

2 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Algorithm versions can be checked with an SDK script, like the one in figure 189 of this page.

https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?doc_advanced_checking_versions.html Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2016 R2 Documentation

The trouble is that this script does not list the precise instruction for querying the 3DScan algorithm. Through some research, I learned that the SDK's shorthand reference for 3D Scan is '3DS'. With that knowledge, I managed to construct most of the probable structure of the instruction.

PXCMSession.ImplVersion 3ds_version=GetVersion(sm.session, sm

It is the last bit of the instruction on the end that is the unknown. It could perhaps be:

PXCMSession.ImplVersion 3ds_version=GetVersion(sm.session, sm->QuerySession()->QueryVersion();

Maybe somebody else can help with this last bit of the puzzle. Good luck!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi LJX,

Do you have any updates with this case, please let us know if you still need assistance.

Regards,

-Sergio A

0 Kudos