Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

IntelCpHDCPSvc Executable Stopped Working

RHair
Beginner

I appears the discussion on this issue has been closed out but I wanted to pass on my experience regarding this issue.

Hardware: Win 10 Pro on an XPS8900 Dell Computer using the Intel HD Graphics 530 Card.

Driver: 21.20.16.4565

Problem: Kept getting "IntelCpHDCPSvc Executable Stopped Working" logged as a Critical Event in the Windows Reliability Monitor. Logged times tended to correspond to startup and Windows Updates.

Solution as posted by Intel and suggested by Dell Tech Spt was to roll back driver to 15.40.25.44.63. I kept questioning this solution because Dell for months has continued to show driver 21.20.16.4565 as the recommended (and presumably certified) driver.

Additional information: I started to notice "XPS 8900 ERROR - (A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed" messages being very briefly displayed during boot up (power on). See Dell Community solution: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19668645 XPS 8900 ERROR - (A7) Me FW Downgrade - Request MeSpiLock Failed - General Hardware - Desktop - Dell Community

Findings: After Dell assisted me with a sequence to clear up potential BIOS Boot Mode issues, it appears this also solved the Intel Graphics driver problems when using 21.20.15.4565. It's been 16 days since making adjustments to the BIOS Boot Mode and there have been no "IntelCpHDCPSvc Executable Stopped Working" events logged and no need to roll back the driver to the earlier version mentioned in the Intel discussion board.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello pragmaticron:

Thank you very much for sharing this information in our communities, we really appreciate you took the time to create this thread and I am sure this information will be very helpful for all the peers viewing this post.

Once again thank you very much and if by any chance you need our assistance in the future, do not hesitate in contact us again.

Regards

Alberto

0 Kudos