Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Multiple Monitor Mode not working... PLEASE HELP!!!

idata
Employee

I have Windows 10, on a Lenovo Ideapad 100-15IBD 80QQ, Core i3, with Intel HD Graphics 5500, trying to connect a Sansui flat screen to my laptop with a VGA to HDMI adapter connected to the second screen (because the HDMI hole is broken) and HDMI cord connected to the laptop. When I right click on the desktop, and left click Graphics Properties, it opens the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel. I click on Display, and Multiple Displays, and it won't let me do anything other than Single Display. I went to Options and Support>Support, and tried to download the latest Graphics Driver. It wouldn't let me, gave me an error. I press the windows key and P simultaneously, and click Extend, and it doesn't do anything. According to intel.com, "All Intel® graphics products support extended desktop mode across two displays." I find this extremely hard to believe, given my difficulty with this particular Intel product. Can someone please help me do extended monitor mode and thereby confirm that Intel's quoted statement is actually true?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello furryluci ,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

I can confirm that the Intel HD Graphics 5500 support multiple displays in extended mode.

The reason why you cannot get the second display to work is because of the adapter that you are using, Intel does not validate adapters, what Intel validates is straight connection, in this case for you to have the second display working you will need to connect an HDMI from the laptop to the HDMI on the TV/monitor or VGA from the laptop to the VGA on the TV/monitor.

I understand that the HDMI on one of the ends is damage but please bear in mind that HDMI is digital and VGA is analog so the signal will not pass through in this case.

You could try an active converter HDMI to VGA, you can check here:

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Active-Adapter-Micro-USB/dp/B00879DM56 https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Active-Adapter-Micro-USB/dp/B00879DM56

This is an adapter that will be able to convert the digital to analog but again we cannot guarantee full functionality since it has not been validated by Intel.

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Best regards,

Ivan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello furryluci ,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

I can confirm that the Intel HD Graphics 5500 support multiple displays in extended mode.

The reason why you cannot get the second display to work is because of the adapter that you are using, Intel does not validate adapters, what Intel validates is straight connection, in this case for you to have the second display working you will need to connect an HDMI from the laptop to the HDMI on the TV/monitor or VGA from the laptop to the VGA on the TV/monitor.

I understand that the HDMI on one of the ends is damage but please bear in mind that HDMI is digital and VGA is analog so the signal will not pass through in this case.

You could try an active converter HDMI to VGA, you can check here:

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Active-Adapter-Micro-USB/dp/B00879DM56 https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Active-Adapter-Micro-USB/dp/B00879DM56

This is an adapter that will be able to convert the digital to analog but again we cannot guarantee full functionality since it has not been validated by Intel.

NOTE: This link is being offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

Best regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos