Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

i5 7600k Temp @ Prime95 Stress Test

CSchw7
Beginner

Hello Guys,

in first i have to Excuse my bad english but i am German, so i hope you will understand everything i tip in here.

So first, here is my System.

Case. Lian-Li T200B mini

CPU: i5 7600k

CPU Cooler: be quit schadow rock LP

GPU: Nvidia Geforce gtx 1070

Motherboard: Gigabyte Ultra Durable Z270N-Wifi

Ram: 16 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX

installed on Intel SSD 600p Series

now to my (maybe) problem.

I was decided to make an Stress Test for the CPU of my new PC System, using the Prime 95 Program

I readed on youre hompage that the max allowed temp for the CPU is ~100 °c

When the Test started i got very fast up to top 95°C (Picture included), so thats probably way to hot!

I cant use a bigger cooler, cause the case doesn´t have enaugh Space.

So is the CPU unoparabeble for my System or are these Temp ok for an Stress Test.

I didn`t find something usful on the Internet so i tried it here.

Best regards and thanks for youre time.

greetings Carl Schwarz

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello sarevoc,

As you mentioned, in fact your processor TJUNCTION is 100°C. Now, based on the temperatures your report shows;

the numbers are looking really good since the max 100°C, they are behaving as expected. One more thing that I would like to mentioned is that your processor will behave with high temperatures while running a stress tests since that is the purpose of it; to stress the processor. There are some suggestions that you may want to try to lower these temps like; updating the BIOS, Chipset driver, and Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver. However, I want to let you know that your temps are fine. If you are concern about your processor health you can run our Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool which will let us know the overall health of it, if all the tests are passed it means that the processor is more than fine. Find the tool here; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool.

Regards,

Amy.

CSchw7
Beginner

Hej Amy,

thanks for the quick answer. I think you get something wrong, these were the temperatures after the test. i marked the right one one the following picture.

But anyway i will try what you wrote in your comment and relax a bit more with that Answer.

Thx Carl

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks Carl.

I am not very familiar with your tool, and what I understood is that the Min. and Max. are values that the tool reads from the processor. But, I am not sure about this since the tool is not our official software, either way both lines(the one I marked and the one you marked) are under the expected parameters.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Carl, I am following up your thread, and I wanted to let you know that if you need further assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos