Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14515 Discussions

Get a binned 7700k or wait for cannonlake?

YFrie2
Beginner

Hello fellas

I have an option to either get a 7700k binned cpu, i'd easily get it to 5Ghz+ but i won't be able to upgrade again later on, for a couple of years due to budget.

Or i could stay on my 3570 with h61 motherboard just another half an year or a bit more, and get the new cannonlake when they come out?

Maybe someone from intel could also estimate how much more power will cannonlake have? beacause i've also heard that cannonlake's basic i7 would be starting from 6 cores or even 8 as the basic. (rumours again).

Currently if i stay on 3570 and h61 motherboard, i'll have 8gb of 1600 ddr3 ram.

if i move on to 7700k i'd get 3200 CL13 mem (with overclocking ofcourse).

What do you think?

Thanks ahead !

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello FlyingCupCake=),

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

In this case, I can share specifications/features about processors that are currently in the market (such as the Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor).

Since there aren't specifications for processors beyond 7th gen, I am unable to share the information with you.

For additional information about current products, you can click http://ark.intel.com/ here.

I would say that upgrading from your current system to a newer one depends on your needs, of course, you can wait a little bit more to see what is coming, talking about the time you may wait, I am unable to tell.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello FlyingCupCake=),

I was reviewing this thread and I was wondering if you need further assistance.

Please don't hesitate in replying to this post if you need additional information.

Best Regards,

Juan Carlos
0 Kudos