Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Dual Banch AC 8260 5GHz connectivity issue

SMand9
Beginner

Hi,

I am having lots of wifi connectivity issues with my less than 2 months old ThinkPad Carbon X1 4th Gen. I have exhausted almost all the solutions I came across in the discussion forum posted in response to people with the same wireless card having similar issues.

I noticed that the problem is only when my laptop is connected with 5 GHz band. As long as it is connected to 2.4 GHz band the network works just fine. So, as a temporary fix, I have to set the preference of "Preferred band" as "Prefer 2.4 GHz band" which is fine for my office network, however that's not a permanent solution.

Any help regarding this will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Soumik

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello SoumikCJ,

As we understand, your computer is showing issues when its connected to a network in the 5 GHz band. We will be glad to help, however, we would like to have some additional information about this:

- Please describe the issue as well as possible (loss of connection, slow speeds, latency, errors, warnings, etc.).

- Does this happen with other 5 GHz networks? or only at work?

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool when connected to the network with the problem, and use it to create a report with all sections, on the next screen, Save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options to add the resulting XML file to your post as an attachment.

- Access Point model and firmware version.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
SMand9
Beginner

Hi Jonathan,

Unfortunately, it happens both with my office and home networks in 5 GHz band. In my home, I have a dual band router. And I have to switch to the slower 2.4GHz band just to get uninterrupted internet on my laptop. However, there is no such option available in my office network. And I can barely use the internet from my machine.

To describe the issue, the laptop stays connected for 30 mins or so as I join the network. Then it starts dropping connection like every 2 -5mins or so, which continues like more than an hour. In this period the laptop always stays connected to the network, but not with the internet. Briefly, an exclamation mark appears on top the wifi symbol and disappears. Hovering the mouse on top of wifi signal confirms that it's connected to the network but "NO INTERNET ACCESS". However, I have checked with other devices with me e.g., my phone which works just fine with the same network same band at same time.

I already have intel system support in my system. I will generate the XML as you have mentioned and will attach the next day when I will be in the office.

Thanks,

Soumik

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Soumik,

Please connect to the network with the issue and get the SSU log requested, if possible, provide the information about the access point as well, we will be glad review this.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Soumik,

We haven't seen any replies to our previous post. If you require further assistance please provide the information requested before.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos