Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Intel Rapid Storage Technology: BD/DVD drive issue

tb2
Beginner

when i uninstall "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" all my DVDs worke fine , the drive dont read them when this program is installed!

unless i run this everytime!!! http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems Fix problems with CD or DVD drives that can't read or write media

i searched for a solution for a long time , and i just found those (running "fix it everytime" or uninstalling IRST) in different website forums , but they r not good solutions only temporary . waiting for a fix from intel!

i hope intel addresses this issue soon as i cant just uninstall Intel Rapid Storage Technology in order for my drive to work cause its important for other parts in my laptop to work properly!

my laptop: MSI GT70 0nd

drive: TSSTcorp DVDWBD SN-406AB (via ATAPI)

IRST ver: 12.8.0.1016

is there a permanent solution for this ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Tb_959, this could be a compatibility issue between the software and the DVD you have installed on the laptop.

If you downloaded the latest IRST version from our website and it is the one causing the problem, you may want to try a customized version which should be provide by the manufacture of your computer.

You can also try using a previous RST version like the 12.5 for example. Just remember to back up all you data before making changes.

0 Kudos