Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Control Panel - Monitor / TV Settings

MSpre1
Novice

Hi!

The only way to change my old monitors brightness, contrast etc. is through intel graphics & media control panel - Monitor / TV Settings.

Problem is that it changes back to default settings each time the monitor shuts down, e.g. reboot computer, or standard turning off/on monitor when computer is idle.

Is there any faster way in changing the monitors settings through Monitor / TV Settings, with batch file, cmd prompt etc.? Instead of opening control panel, navigating to Monitor / TV Settings, waiting for monitor to response, then setting the values, clicking apply, and closing control panel...

Or, is there any way of making those settings default? Meaning any time the monitor turns on, could a graphics driver/control panel set the settings to desired values automatically?

I have intel hd 3000 connected through hdmi to dvi of Samsung SyncMaster 960BF.

Driver version 9.17.10.3223.

Thank you for answers!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi MarkoS,

I would like to verify more information. Can you please post your dxdiag report?

0 Kudos
MSpre1
Novice

Hi Kevin,

Of course, in the attachment.

0 Kudos
MSpre1
Novice

I found a faster solution in here -> http://www.overclock.net/t/1262322/guide-display-control-via-windows-brightness-contrast-etc-ddc-ci GUIDE: Display control via Windows! Brightness, contrast, etc. (DDC/CI)

Note there is also a software for samsung monitors - MagicTune - but it doesn't work. I knew that before.

Still cannot make it permanent, have to run it every time. Too bad the intel graphics control panel cannot make it permanent, like MagicTune would.