Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

CPU integrated graphics performance problem WES7

KMort3
Beginner

I'm using DirectX to render a marquee in a .net program, but are experiencing very chubby playback on systems where its based on an Intel CPU with HD Graphics integrated.

Been testing on different systems where the most obvious difference is the OS, so to dig in further, I build 2 identical system hardware-wise.

One with Windows 7 Embedded standard (WES7) and one with Windows 7 Home Premium. (WIN7)

Behold, the WIN7 system displays what it should with no stutter and the WES7 simply performs poorly when running my software.

Both got the Intel Graphics control panel where the system correctly identifies the chip as HD Graphics 4000 (i3-3225)

Dxdiag states that both got DirectX 11 installed. (My program only using DirectX9 features though)

From .net the WES7 system does throw an HwNotRecoqnizedException, and I suspect it will revert to software rendering.

Any direction on this issue is greatly appreciated.

• Driver
  • Missing Windows Embedded packages/ features
  • .Net related...

or something completely different...... really don't know where to look now.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi DigitalSignageChamp,

I would like to verify some more information so, can you please post your dxdiag report here?

0 Kudos
KMort3
Beginner

Attached the dxdiag log file.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

DigitalSignageChamp,

Checking the dxdiag report, it seems that the driver you have is out-dated. You can download the latest graphics driver at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23406&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(32-bit)*&DownloadType=Drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23406&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(32-bit)*&DownloadType=Drivers

From our side we can provide the driver(provided above) but in regards the windows features and .net, the best option is to contact Microsoft directly to get their special software or features.

0 Kudos