Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Refresh Rate Problem between Arma 3 / Intel graphics 4600 / Asus VS278Q

MHush
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I've got a problem with my refresh rate, i dont find where i can fixe it.

So, i've got :

• Gygabite P34G (laptop) with intel graphics 4600 and Nvidia GTX760M
  • Display Asus VS278Q
  • There are connected by short HDMI cable.

I decide to use 60p hz refresh rate.

So, when i start my game, no prob, everything is clear and fine. Imagine, i need to go back to my desktop with ALT+Tab command to find my ip adress for a friend, or configure something i forgot to do.

Ok, i see my desktop perfect, i click on my game to go back to play and my display is no more clear. Its not fine, i loose why i bought an HD led screen

• I updated the last driver.

So i work on this trouble and found something, when i start my game, the refresh rate is 60p Hz, go back to desktop 60p Hz But when i go back to the game my refresh rate change to 59i Hz. In arma 3 you cant change the refresh rate in the display setting.

I dont know how to fix it.

• Is there a possibility to uninstall Intel software and keep the driver for the graphics card?
  • Is there a possibility to remove p or i mode for refresh rate?
  • Is there a possibility to fix for all the time the refresh rate?

I need help please

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi WildPumpkin

I would like to inform to all of you that we have a new Beta driver, version 15.40.26.4474, that is designed to fix this issue. Said driver can be downloaded from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27414/ Download Beta Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40] https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26099/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-%3Fproduct%3D80939

Edit: 1/4/2018: Fixed driver download link

BETA Notice

This beta version driver is provided to confirm pending driver code changes that address OS flicker issues seen when playing games or content due to changes between 1080p and 1080i. A list of issues addressed is contained in the ReleaseNotes. A production version driver will follow in a few weeks, if the beta tests well.

This driver is being provided as a beta test driver, and while it has had limited validation testing by Intel, it is essentially a test driver and is not to be considered a permanent replacement for a fully validated and certified graphics driver. Any issues/comments unrelated to the issues addressed in https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26099/eng/ReleaseNotes_15.40-4474.Beta.pdf Release Notes may be deleted without notice.

• Use at your own discretion
While Intel may or may not address issues found in this beta version driver, we do welcome feedback particular to the issues listed in the ReleaseNotes that the driver addresses.
  • Please note: this driver is not certified by Microsoft* and will generate a warning when installing.

.:Bryce:.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello WildPumpkin, thanks for joining the Graphics Community.

Regarding the behavior you are experiencing on your system, I would like to know if the refresh rate changed on the game only or it is also changing on the Intel control Panel.

Could you please attach the DX Diag report from your system?

(Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

1. In order to uninstall the Intel Graphics drivers, please follow this procedure:
  • Open the Control Panel
  • Open Programs and Features
  • Check for the Intel HD Graphics driver and click Uninstall.

Please keep in mind that we provided generic drivers; and sometimes these cannot be installed on other systems or the installation of them could overwrite their customizations and possibly change the functionality of the graphics.

0 Kudos
MHush
Beginner

Thanks Sylvia for your answer,

Here's my dxdiag information (i dont know if you need Dxdiag or dxdiag64 bits reports, i made twice.

Ok, so i cant just remove the software for Intel HD graphics and leave windows manage.

To discover that the refresh rate changing, i used Ultramon Software (i think display setting, advanced)

Cause im on a laptop, i can use the screen from my laptop to leave other software and check. I discover that the refresh rate change to 60phz or 59pHz to 59i HZ when i go back to the game after an Alt+Tab command.

Let me know if you see something wrong in the dxdiag.

Thanks, matt.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ WildPumkin

Do you see this issue with the graphics drivers installed on your system at Gigabyte? Because this is a hybrid graphics system with both Intel and NVidia graphics GPU's Gigabyte has configured the drivers specifically for your system. I would strongly recommend install the graphics drivers from the Gigabyte support site here: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4636# dl GIGABYTE - Notebook & Netbook - Laptop - P series - P34G

To install the drivers I would recommend the following steps.

1. Download the Intel and NVidia graphics drivers from the Gigabyte support site.

2. Uninstall the NVidia graphics drivers using Device Manager and check the "Delete the driver software for this device" box

3. Next uninstall the Intel HD Graphics driver using Device Manager and check the "Delete the driver software for this device" box.

4. After rebooting, run the Intel HD Graphics driver installer, reboot when completed.

5. Next install the NVidia graphics driver, reboot when completed.

6. Test the game.

Thanks

Robert

MHush
Beginner

Thanks Robert for your answer,

Yes, maybe i should try this. I thought it was better to have the latest driver and software, but maybe not. I dont think Nvidia drivers is in fault but why not.

I think a part of the problem is my Asus VS278Q is view as a tv by the computer cause ASUS didnt make driver.

The i refresh rate mode is made to have a compatibility with TV (correct me if i say something wrong).

Before i do this, there isnt a possibility, in a file or something to unselect some refresh rate?

Thanks again, matt.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ WildPumkin, The only way to "block" modes is in the VBIOS and the OEM (Gigabyte) would have to do that.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
MHush
Beginner

@Robert_U,

I tried what you said but unfortunately it does n't change anything.

Just i didnt have anymore access to a control panel from Intel, but in the one from microsoft, i can see the mode "i" is only for the 1980*1200Full HD, in other resolution, i dont have the refresh rate with "i".

I dont know what can i do now...

I sent an email to gigabyte support and try to asus too.

0 Kudos
Bryce__Intel
Employee

Hi WildPumpkin

I would like to inform to all of you that we have a new Beta driver, version 15.40.26.4474, that is designed to fix this issue. Said driver can be downloaded from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27414/ Download Beta Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40] https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26099/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-%3Fproduct%3D80939

Edit: 1/4/2018: Fixed driver download link

BETA Notice

This beta version driver is provided to confirm pending driver code changes that address OS flicker issues seen when playing games or content due to changes between 1080p and 1080i. A list of issues addressed is contained in the ReleaseNotes. A production version driver will follow in a few weeks, if the beta tests well.

This driver is being provided as a beta test driver, and while it has had limited validation testing by Intel, it is essentially a test driver and is not to be considered a permanent replacement for a fully validated and certified graphics driver. Any issues/comments unrelated to the issues addressed in https://downloadmirror.intel.com/26099/eng/ReleaseNotes_15.40-4474.Beta.pdf Release Notes may be deleted without notice.

• Use at your own discretion
While Intel may or may not address issues found in this beta version driver, we do welcome feedback particular to the issues listed in the ReleaseNotes that the driver addresses.
  • Please note: this driver is not certified by Microsoft* and will generate a warning when installing.

.:Bryce:.

0 Kudos