Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

S2600GZ undocumented LED diagnostic code?

IVaid
Beginner

We have four identical servers based on the S2600GZ board, three of which are running with the POST Code Diagnostic LEDs lit in the combination 1101(amber)0100(green), while the fourth one has all of them off.

That combination (D4h) is undocumented in the Technical Product Specification doc for the board, and I wonder what it could mean... all three servers show up as healthy in the RMM4 web interface.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_A_Intel

The POST Code diagnostics are used to identify issues when the unit hangs during POST. Once the unit has completed this sequence, the BMC is no longer monitoring or executing commands to further diagnose the unit with these LEDs.

Intel offers utilities to monitor your system once the POST sequence has completed such as the Intel® Remote Management Module.

In case of doubt, I would recommend submitting your https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24237 Intel System Information Retrieval Utility logs to our http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Intel® Customer Support team for proper follow up of this situation.

0 Kudos
IVaid
Beginner

Today I updated the firmware on all servers, and the undocumented LED code went away. Also, one of them had been displaying the blinking amber fault LED for a while, with no apparent reason to be found in the BMC interface - that went away too.

The only thing that's not 100% clear to me is whether I should have updated the FRU/SDR firmware (from the current D.08 to 1.13 in the downloaded firmware archive) - since it wasn't checked by default in the IDA update tool, I chose not to.

0 Kudos
David_A_Intel

Although it is not required for the operation of your system board, it is recommended updating the firmware to add the fixes listed on this newer version. It might even be a requirement for future releases to have a certain FRUSDR level to go to the latest.

0 Kudos