Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14499 Discussions

can someone help me find out to overclock my celeron dual-core 2.16 ghz prossesor that can be overclocked to 2.41ghz

AMoor6
Beginner

can someone piz help I can't find out how to do it anywere but everything I see says it can and the call it turbo, overclock, burst.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

AJIVE4,

Intel doesn't recommend over clocking any of the internal components (memory, video or CPU) and there is no warranty support for that practice.

If you are using memory out of specifications on your system, it will decrease the lifetime of the processor and it could damage it.

In regards to Intel Turbo Boost technology, it is important to know if your processor support this feature. Would you please provide to me the complete model number of your processor?

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

AJIVE4,

Intel doesn't recommend over clocking any of the internal components (memory, video or CPU) and there is no warranty support for that practice.

If you are using memory out of specifications on your system, it will decrease the lifetime of the processor and it could damage it.

In regards to Intel Turbo Boost technology, it is important to know if your processor support this feature. Would you please provide to me the complete model number of your processor?

Regards,

AMoor6
Beginner

Intel (R) Celeron (R) CPU N2630 @ 2.16 GHz is what its says it is.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

AJIVE4, please check the following link. It will show you all the information and features on this processor. http://ark.intel.com/products/81071/Intel-Celeron-Processor-N2830-1M-Cache-up-to-2_41-GHz ARK | Intel® Celeron® Processor N2830 (1M Cache, up to 2.41 GHz)

In the Advance Technologies Specifications, you will be able to see that this processor does not support Intel Turbo Boost Technology.

I would like to inform you that Baytrail processors comes with "Burst Mode" and it is similar to Turbo Boost. You can check this thread for additional information on this technology

Regards,

0 Kudos