Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Problem with COMSOL & OpenGL. Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 5500.

idata
Employee

Hello,

I am facing a problem with my graphics driver. I use the Comsol Multiphysics 4.4 but I have problem with my geometry (rendering of my models).

In addition, I was using Java and OpenGL in order to display a Earth Map but I did not get anything. Could you help me to find a solution?

Thanks,

Thanasis.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

These are my system information. I have tried to find a solution in the forum of Comsol. Someone had a same problem and change the OpenGL graphics software to DirectX. However, I am confused with this.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I would recommend loading the latest graphics drivers version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26347/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-%3Fproduct%3D88345 4539 and report back using the following template: /thread/77761 Default level information for reporting Graphics issues

I will use the report to try to replicate this matter.

Allan.
idata
Employee

I found the solution. It was problem of COMSOL. It has by default OpenGL for rendering and I changed with DirectX9.(Preference ->Graphics and Plot Window).

I am confused about the difference of Graphics drivers e.g. 5500 or4539 and OpenGL&DirectX9 software. What are the job of each other.

Thank you very

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Great to hear you were able to find the solution.

Brief information about Intel® graphics:

Intel® HD graphics 5500 is the model number of the current graphics controller.

Driver version 4539 would be the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005654.html build number of the driver version

OpenGL and DirectX: Many games require support for application programming interfaces (APIs) to function, and to provide a high-quality gaming experience. OpenGL and DirectX APIs are designed to render 2D and 3D graphics.

Hope this helps

Allan
0 Kudos