Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Intel HD500 Quicksync features

idata
Employee

Hello, I'm a proud owner of a i5 2500k that still runs pretty good after six years. Lately I've been doing a lot of h265 enconding (mostly to save some space) and I found myself a little bit desperated waiting for these to finish. I know h265 is still underdeveloped and its speed is pretty low, but I'm not planning on upgrading anytime soon. However I've been thinking about building a low comsumption home server for some time now, and I know modern versions of Quicksync allow for h265 hardware encoding (obviously not at the same quality as software, but that's not what I'm after), so I thought I could 'kill two birds with one stone' and take advantage of the home server to do that for me. Watching reviews I found the Celeron J3455 to be a really good option for my tasks, but after googling for a couple of hours I can't find Quicksync specs for its GPU (Intel HD 500).

Can you tell me if J3455 is capable of hardware encode h265? I really really don't want to go for a much higher model mostly due to power comsuption, I want to run the home server for 24/7 and the price of the power here isn't cheap.

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello ferk,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

This is a 7th generation Apollo Lake processor and all 7th generation processors support H.265; this is supported from 6th generation processor.

Regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos