Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

R1000SPO case has 2.5inch non hotswap drives?

GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi

Looking at the R1000SPO generation of case (http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/server-systems/1u-rack-server-systems/intel-server-system-r1000spo-family.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/server-systems/1u-rack-server-systems/intel-server-system-r1000spo-family.html) this case is identical to the Chenbro RM14604, so does it have 2 x 2.5inch cold swap drives next to the DVD drive, i cant find an image with that part of the lid removed...

Also:

Intel lists A4ULCP control panel, where in the case does this fit?

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
14 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Ashley,

If I see correctly you are trying to find the part number for the covers next to DVD drive. Also if the A4ULCP fits. According to our records in https://ark.intel.com/products/65830/Local-Control-Panel-A4ULCP ARK you can see is for a 4U pedestal chassis.

Let me look if the part number for the covers are available but I think you will need to purchase the whole front cover.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi Henry

2.5inch drives

I would like to see Intels top off the R1000SPO case to see if its the same as the below:

A4NLCP

I see the A4ULCP says its 4U, however its listed on the server build sheet for the R1000SPO case, so i assume it fits... (see image below).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ashley,

Thank you for the additional information. I am checking with all the documents we have available for this system and see if the pictures are available. I am also verifying if the part A4ULCP is compatible with this system R1000SPO. But I see that is compatible for the board S1200SP family and for the R1304SPOSHORR chassis.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi Henry

Thanks, i await the images you find.

If you find the A4ULCP works with R1304SPOSHORR, can you please forward a link to how it connects to the motherboard and how it fits to the chassis? (i assume A4ULCP comes with fitting hardware for the R1000SPO chassis?)

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ashley,

No problem at all, any information I can find I will pass it on to you.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ashley,

Let me inform you that the A4ULCP is not compatible with the R1304SPOSHORR. The main reason is because the local control panel is intended for pedestal chassis only and not rack chassis.

Hope this helps.

Jose H.

0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi

Thanks for the update, Intel need to look at the Server Configuration system then, as it lists it as compatible (see my post above with the image and those parts showed in RED).

Did you manage to get an image of the R1000SPO case with the front cover off to confirm about the hard drive mounting?

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ashley,

After further research we were able to get the pictures we offered you a couple days ago.

So you can add two internal SSD drives, see attached file, with the top front cover removed by the two screws, one for each side of the top front side cover to give access to the SSD slots.

Hope this helps
0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi

Yes, they appear to be 2.5inch drive brackets, however how would i affix the drives to them? Chenbro have a bracket system (as shown in my first image in the post). Clearly these cases are made by the same manufacture.

My plan would be to have 2 x SSD drives connector to the on board RAID controller, however i need to find power for them as well.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ashley,

I understand that the cases are made by the same manufacturer, but they have different build request and the reason why they are different. But if you see from the front into the back on the left side of each bracket you will see the place to use screws (see attached picture). And for the power you can get from any computer store a Molex power Y splitter and from Molex to SATA power.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

Hi

Thanks for the closer image...

I am not sure this server has any MOLEX connectors, we know It has a motherboard 24pin, and a 8pin CPU and another 4pin 12v for the RAID back plane, i assume it has power for the DVD which might be a SATA connector? (which could be split with a 3 way SATA splitter connector) and i think thats it, everything is is board powered (RAID and 10Gb expansion module).

We are going to get prices for the S1200 board and Chenbro case (RM14604), then prices for the R1000SPO (we are looking at the R1304SPOSHORR which has the DUAL PSU) and see if theirs a huge difference, the client is very picky about the visual design of the case...

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ashley,

You are right, there were some backplanes that were using the molex to power the HDD backplane but this is one is different. I am sure the Chendro case will be able to the best option for your needs. I am going to proceed to close this case or if there is anything else I can help. Thank you for your responce.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
GRIFFCOMM
New Contributor I

We are going to do more research on this, we like the redundant power supply, but i think cost will factor in on this as well, we are waiting for quotes to arrive back from the vendors...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Ashley,

I am sure you will get an excellent price for what you need. I will keep the case open if need it.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos