Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

Screen flickering with only CS:GO

VTran8
Novice

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

CS:GO screen flickering after updating to 15.40.34.4624

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Dell Optiplex 3020MT

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

EFP = External Flat Panel (Monitor you plug in)

EFP

How much memory [RAM] in the system (see note2 below).

8 GB

Provide any other hardware needed to replicate the issue.

ie: Cables&brand, cable type [vga, hdmi, DP, etc], dock, dongles/adapters, etc

Hardware Stepping (see note1 below).

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial, sans-ser...

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

UnluckyGod: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Graphics communities and for providing that information.

We will do further research on this matter, in order to do that, besides the information on the chart, could you please provide the additional details requested on the link below?

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto R

0 Kudos
VTran8
Novice

Here you are. I already downgraded to previous version.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

UnluckyGod: Thank you very much for providing those files.

We will do further research on this matter in order to try to find a possible solution for this problem. As soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

UnluckyGod: I just wanted to let you know that we are still doing a research on this matter, the problem could be related to memory RAM:

What is the model of the memory RAM you are using?

How many sticks of RAM are on the PC?

Do you have the option to test the game with just one memory stick?

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

UnluckyGod: I just wanted to check if you saw the information we requested previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
VTran8
Novice

Sorry for late answering.

I think that the problem comes from the driver itself, not from RAM. I encountered this kind of flickering 2 years ago and it ended after updating to a new driver. But with this new driver, the problem comes back again. I will try to install it one more time and see if the problem remains.

Update:

Problem still remains. Can only fix with V-Sync enabled.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

No problem. Thank you very much for providing those results. We will continue with our investigation to try to fix this problem. As soon as I get a possible resolution I will post all the information on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

UnluckyGod: I just wanted to let you know that we are still doing a research on this subject.

You mentioned you will try to re-install the driver, I just wanted to check if the problem remains after trying that.

For testing purposes, please try the following drivers:

4501:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81496 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26229/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81496

4463:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26079/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81496 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26079/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen-?product=81496

Do you have the option to test the game with a different monitor?

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
VTran8
Novice

These drivers work fine. I used them in the past and had no issues with them.

I have only 1 monitor so I can't test it. But if you need the model, it's Dell E2016H.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

UnluckyGod: Thank you very much for providing that information.

It seems to be the problem is related to a regression bug, so we will continue with our research on this matter. As soon as I get further information I will let you know on this thread.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

UnluckyGod: I just received some updates in regard to the research we were doing on this matter, based on that we recommend a clean game installation (deleting Steam Cache files) and continue using V-sync as a work around. Thank you very much for your feedback and please keep updating drivers as they are released for the latest fixes.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos