Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

Monitoring RAID 1 array

IWils2
Beginner

Hi,

My company is designing a system where there will be 2 RAID 1 arrays attached to an Intel Core i7 processor card

(Kontron CP6004). This uses the Intel QM77 chipset. We will be running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB on the processor card.

The RAID arrays are controlled via the Intel RST option ROM and installed windows drivers.

We need to find a means to monitor the health of the arrays via our application software so that we can display this information

in our own GUI. This means that we cannot simply use the Intel RST GUI as seems to be the usual practise in this situation.

What is needed is either an API or information that would enable our software to make low level calls to the

driver (i.e. create our own API), or maybe some sort of command line tool where we could capture the output in our application.

I've searched the internet for solutions to this but have not managed to find anything. It appears that in the past there has been

some sort of command line support from Intel that may have been a solution but this appears to have been discontinued.

Just wandering if anyone in the community has any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Ian

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

IAN1: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology. We will do our best in order to provide the information you are looking for.

In regard to your inquiry, unfortunately there is NOT a different Intel tool or command line to be able to monitor the RAID1 array besides the Intel® RST, let me apologize for that.

Also, according to our information, the Intel® RST version that supports the Intel® QM77 chipset is not compatible with Windows® 10, so there might be some inconsistencies while running this hardware/software combination.

However, there might be a 3rd party tool that might provide the functionality that you need. I encourage all the peers viewing this forum that if they have any additional information on this subject to please post all the feedback and suggestions on this thread.

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R
0 Kudos