Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1342 Discussions

Optane memory modules not detected

RYilm
Novice

I have a MSI z270 carbon and in my bios it detects m.2 slot 2 Optane memory.

But in Intel Optane memory application it does not and also in DiskPart it does not.

I have enabled both Optane memory and raid in bios.

13 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Rehay,

We understand that your Intel® Optane™ Memory Module is not being detected by our software, but you can see it from the BIOS of your system.

For this situation, we would like you to please provide to us the following information:

-Please share your computer's specs (Use https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- this utility and attach the file here)

-Please share the logs from the following location: C:\Users\Yourusername\Intel\Logs

-Have you updated the BIOS for your motherboard? (http://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7A63v15.zip Here is the latest one for your board)

-Make sure the boot drive was installed in UEFI mode - BIOS boot mode.

Please, when sharing the files make sure to use the "Use advanced editor" option.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
RYilm
Novice

Msi Bios is latest version already

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Rehay,

Thank you for the files provided and your reply.

We would like to know if this module was previously enabled and if it was working before?

You also mentioned that diskpart does not see the module, we will need from you a screenshot of the disk management window, could you please share it here as well? (http://www.disk-partition.com/windows-10/windows-10-disk-management-0528.html Here you can see how to open it in case you need it.)

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Rehay,

We'd like to know if you read our previous post and if you can please share the information requested, this for us to have a better picture of this situation and fix it for you.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
RYilm
Novice

Sorry for the wait

It was not working before.

https://gyazo.com/794979ad23d4b4e4212812ebe69e6d08 Gyazo - 794979ad23d4b4e4212812ebe69e6d08.png

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Rehay,

Thanks for your reply.

Based on the screenshot provided, we would like you to please try to de-concatenate the Intel® Optane™ Memory Module from your BIOS, here is the possible location according to MSI*'s website:

BIOS\Settings\Advanced\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\Deconcatenate\PHYSICAL DISK INFO, and try the "Reset to non-Optane" option.

Please let us know if this worked for you.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
RYilm
Novice

I don't see Deconcatenate

BIOS\Settings\Advanced\Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology\My Hard Drive

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Rehay,

Could you please share screenshots of your BIOS?

According to MSI* website, the option should be there, we would like to help you further by having some screenshots, but also, you may need to contact MSI* in case we can't find the specific option.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Rehay,

We'd like to know if you could provide us the screenshots or if you had any luck contacting MSI* in order to get the option mentioned before.

Regards,

Nestor C
0 Kudos
ahamm3
Beginner
im havin ga simulkar problem, im running the optane on a Asus Maximus XI Hero and in my bio, i can enter the Intel RST page, but the only thing i see there is options for raid, no otpions for optane... and in windows 10 i see a standerd NVME controller...i should probably open my own thread..but figured id reply here as well
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello alham,

We found the http://dlcdnmkt.asus.com/microsite/Optane-Memory-SOP.pdf following document that may help you with this situation. Please let us know if those options are the same as the ones you have.

Regards,

Nestor C

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Alham, since you have an ASUS board, there is also information on the ASUS site regarding Optane and its use:

https://www.asus.com/microsite/mb/intel-optane-ready/ GET READY FOR INTEL® OPTANE™ MEMORY

Specifically:

What isIntel Optane Memory Ready

Intel® Optane™ memory* is a revolutionary non-volatile memory technology supported by ASUS 200 Series motherboards. Intel Optane memory accelerates attached storage to reduce boot and load times, so everything feels faster and more responsive.

The information is out there.

Doc

0 Kudos
ahamm3
Beginner

so because it says "speeds up boot times" im supposed to understand that its only for boot drives. - a simple sentance: only works with boot drives, who have been fine.

Kinda like when you buy and periphail for your pc, it states clearly in the description (not the FAQs or forums or internal website...but THE ACTUAL SHOP) what is supported and what isn't.

dude seriously, the marketing here doesn't mention shit about no secondary drive support.

and if you want to keep on defending a multi billion dollar company's marketing strategy's...go ahead and baaaaa... but i recommend you find something better to waste your time with
0 Kudos