Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

i7 7700k Stock Reaching 83˚ Under Load

TR2
Beginner

Hi Guys

Ive been searching for an answer to this for a while now and nothing seems to be coming up that isnt contradicted by someone else. My i7 7700k reaches 83˚ under a medium to heavy gaming load (e.g PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds, Rainbow Six Siege) with an aftermarket Antec A40 Pro CPU cooler. Ive been worried that these temps are a little bit too high, considering some people are getting a little bit cooler, in the mid 70˚'s. Is this a normal temp for an i7 7700k under load? Any answer would be greatly appreciated.

Mr Duckers

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If this is as high as it is getting, then you are perfectly fine. You could go through the process of removing your heatsink and reapplying new Thermal Interface Material (TIM, a.k.a. grease, goop, paste, etc.), but you likely won't drop the high temperature that much. What temperatures are you seeing at idle? If it is around 40c (or lower), then replacing the TIM probably won't accomplish anything.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If this is as high as it is getting, then you are perfectly fine. You could go through the process of removing your heatsink and reapplying new Thermal Interface Material (TIM, a.k.a. grease, goop, paste, etc.), but you likely won't drop the high temperature that much. What temperatures are you seeing at idle? If it is around 40c (or lower), then replacing the TIM probably won't accomplish anything.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
TR2
Beginner

Thank you for the reply. I just didnt know whether it was fine or not. Thank you again, it is much appreciated

0 Kudos