Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered

welna
Beginner

my hp elitebook 8440p hung for many times and shows this pop-up message Display Driver has stopped responding and has recovered

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What is your operating system and what is your processor model number?

Doc

0 Kudos
welna
Beginner

Win 8.1

Core i5 520m 2.4

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I am unable to find the latest driver for your graphics. One of the Intel support staff will assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
welna
Beginner

havn`t help !!

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Waleed,

Your laptop is a product of HP and your primary source of help and assistance should be HP. First of all, this is important when talking about driver issues. If the problem you are having is common to HP's products, then HP should be the entity coming to Intel asking for help. Think about it: HP complaining (to Intel) about a problem occurring on 500,000 laptops is going to carry a lot more weight and have a lot higher priority than you will have, as an individual, complaining here. Secondly, HP, as the vendor of your product, knows more about the history of problems with this laptop and should be able to help you more readily and certainly with more knowledge (it they aren't able to do so or are brushing you off to Intel, why are you buying a product from them at all?). Secondly, this is also important when talking about driver updates and is especially important when talking about graphics driver updates for laptop/notebook products. Many of these products utilize a hybrid graphics solution that combines a 3rd-party graphics solution with the Intel graphics solution. As a result, a custom version of the Intel graphics drivers is required - and this custom version is only going to be available through your vendor (HP).

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
welna
Beginner

thanks scot so much for Interest

0 Kudos