Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

HD Graphics 4400 - Does not detect multiple monitors

MPace2
Beginner

Hello there,

PROBLEM

I can only detect one of the two monitors which I have plugged into my computer - I need to get dual screens working.

DETAILS

HD Graphics 4400 graphics card with driver 10.18.14.4264

I have 2 new DELL screens plugged into this card:

• Monitor 1: I have a VGA cable running from this screen into the VGA plug in my PC tower
  • Monitor 2: I have a VGA cable running from this screen into a "VGA to DVI-D" adaptor which then plugs into the DVI-D plug in my PC tower

ATTACHED SCREENSHOT SHOWS

-MSINFO32 details of my DISPLAY

-That I cannot detect dual monitors

-The product number of the DELL screens which I bought

-The product number of my motherboard

Could anyone please help me to get "Dual screens" working?

Thanks in advance,

Michelle

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Have you verified that a single monitor works on each of the connectors? If not, you need to ascertain why before anything else. If so, have you also verified that these two connectors can be used independently? Some boards allow only one of the two connectors to be used.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
MPace2
Beginner

Hi Scott thank you for your reply. Yes both monitors worked independently with both VGA as well as DVI-D.

i read somewhere that you cannot use the combination of VGA and DVI-D for duel monitors.

I plugged one monitor into my tower as VGA and the other in as HDMI and now everything works.

0 Kudos