Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Screen Freezes and Black Screen occurs that lasts for a few seconds after Windows 10 Update

ATimo3
Beginner

My computer (Asus ROG GL503VD-FY093T) updated on March 15, 2018. After that, I experienced random freezes on my screen that lasts for 2-5 seconds and a black screen will occur after then resumes normally. I checked my Event Viewer and noticed a warning on my Display that states "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered." which happened multiple times up to now after the update. I went to the store where I bought the computer and let them update my graphic card which is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050. I don't exactly know what causes this but I assume it's the graphic cards.

Laptop Specifications

Model: Asus ROG GL503VD-FY093T

Storage: 1TB HDD | 128GB SSD

RAM: 8GB RAM

Graphic Cards: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050

Windows Specifications

Version: 1709

OS Build: 16299.309

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel® Communities Team, Ade_IG.

Please install the latest Intel® HD Graphics drivers (4944). Click https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27484/a08/win64_15.65.4.4944.zip here to download the drivers and in order to complete the installation please follow this guide:

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.

2. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.

3. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.

4. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto connect when reboot. Restart your system.

5. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

6. Open Device Manager

7. Expand the Display adapters section.

8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" if not, please complete the first 4 steps until you see this in the Display adapters entry)

9. Click Browse my computer for driver software.

10. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.

11. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

12. Reboot your computer when prompted.

Please share with us the results.

Antony S.
idata
Employee

Hello, Ade_IG.

I would like to double check if you were able to perform the troubleshooting steps that I attached to the post above and the results.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
RMarq1
Beginner

Hi,

This actually worked for me. Thank you so much, I was going crazy.

My Laptop Specifications(in case is important for anybody)

Model: Asus ROG GL503VD

Storage: 1TB HDD | 512GB SSD

RAM: 32GB RAM

Graphic Cards: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050

ASlou
Beginner

These steps worked for me too.

My configuration:

LENOVO 10M7000RUS

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

Intel® Core™ i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz

Intel® HD Graphics 630