Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID

deleting raid 0

oozek
Beginner

i have raid 0 between my ssd and harddisk and i dont have an option to delete on intel rapid storage.

my ssd : 256 gb harddisk : 1 tb and it looks 480 gb after raid 0.

I tried to boot windows from usb and loading the intel rapid storage driver during the windows install but it looks still 480 gb.

I removed harddisk and started from usb with only ssd, first it looked 480 gb and when i loaded the driver, ssd disappeared.

I dont have an option to change the raid to ahci on bios, what can i do ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello asoma,

Thanks for posting! You've reached the Intel SSD community, the thread will be moved to the community.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello asoma

Thank you for joining the community.

Could you provide us your system information? (Motherboard, CPU, RAM)

Is the operating system (OS) is installed in the RAID drive?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
oozek
Beginner

my laptop is acer predator g5-793

cpu : i7-7700hq

ram: 16gb

motherboard: challenger 2c_sks v1.13

yes my os is installed in the raid drive.

i cant change the sata mode

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello asoma

Thank you for the response.

The reason you are not able to delete the RAID configuration is because on the RAID 0 the data is shared among the two hard drives, therefore, eliminating the RAID will cause data damage including the operating system data, in this case, please create a back up of your data to avoid any loss.

In order to delete the raid using Intel® Rapid Storage Technology these steps can help you:

1. Turn on the computer. When prompted during system startup, press Ctrl+I at the same time to enter the option ROM user interface.
  2. Use the up or down arrow keys to select "Delete RAID" Volume.
  3. Use the up or down arrow keys to select the failed RAID 0 volume.
  4. Press Delete to delete the volume.
  5. Press Y to confirm the deletion.

If the combination Ctrl+I does not help you to access please refer to the system manufacturer to access the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology on the system startup.

Please be aware that this process will erase the data on the hard drives, please have everything backed up, and you will have to reinstall the operating system.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello asoma

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Jasperuy012
Beginner

HEY SIR I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM CAN SOMEONE SEND ME A FIX TO THIS

HERE IS MY EMAIL xxx (removed by Moderator)

0 Kudos
MaryT_Intel
Employee

Hi @Jasperuy012 ,

Please post your question as a new one. This thread is old, closed, and not monitored anymore. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience!

Mary T.

Support Community Manager

0 Kudos