Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

NUC7i7BNH and Intel Optane Memory driver installation issues unde Windows Server 2016. Help?

TBlag
Beginner

By running the SetupOptaneMemory.exe I got all the time this error:

Unsupported BIOS Mode: 'Your system BIOS configuration is not compatible with Intel Optane memory'

System: Intel NUC7i7BNH

Optane Memory: MEMPEK1W032GAXT

Operating system: Windows server 2016

Intel Optane package release: irst_optane_memory_win_10_64_15.9.0.1015

BIOS updated using package release: BNKBL357.86A.0062.EB

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello TeoB,

Thanks for posting. We've moved your thread to our communities.

Intel® Optane™ Memory is only compatible with Windows 10*. You can find more information about the product requirements here:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023994/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Overview and Requirements for Intel® Optane™ Memory

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024018/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Optane™ Memory

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
TBlag
Beginner

I changed the OS to Windows 10 and same behaviors as in Windows 2016...

I run this command on my Intel SATA 800 SSD, in Windows 10, as administrator before reboot: mbr2gpt.exe /convert /allowfullOS

After that Windows 10 can't reboot from that Intel 3510 800GB SSD.

The system keeps on rebooting and asks for OS repairing due to this UEFI mode + Intel Optane Option selected as a SATA option.

The Intel NUC BIOS menu view mixes up with the Windows 10 startup graphics.

You can't even go into repair mode using a Windows 10 DVD or USB.

The USB - DVD-RW (Lenovo ThinkPad) unit is not even seen as a booting option during repair or from BIOS in UEFI mode.

As a repairing and booting option even Windows and 'BIOS in UEFI mode' lists only Ethernet or USB sticks!

By a miracle Windows 10 Re-Installation started from those OS repairing menus. (Not by choosing Advanced repairing as an option, the reboot one)

The Intel NUC BIOS menu mixes up with the Windows 10 startup graphics during re-installation reboots too. 

After the USB Stick Windows 10 re-installation... It works...

If the main 800GB SATA SSD wasn't initialized as GPT it can't even be seen by BIOS too in UEFI mode. And it can't be seen as an option for installing Windows too by the USB Stick.

So maybe you need to install Windows 10 twice to have it properly configured in Windows 10.

The options in BIOS related to Legacy and UEFI can be at some point setup like both together from different menus of the BIOS.

From Windows Services I need to start manually the Intel Optane service to have it in place. Which did some optimizations in text mode after its reboot.

idata
Employee

Hello TeoB,

Thanks for the detailed reply and for sharing the applied solution. We apologize for the inconveniences.

As for the Intel Optane service, you may also schedule the task instead of manually open it on boot. Please refer to this thread for reference:

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos