Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

21:9 monitor

AÖzpa
Beginner

Hello,

My laptop has Intel(R) HD Graphics (10.18.10.4358) --> The maximum resolution is 1920x1080 (16:9).

My external / second screen is 21:9. (LG - 25UM58-P).

I could not find resolution 2560X1080 in my pc.

Could you please help in this subject.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello aozpamuk

What is the video connection that you are using? (Cables, dongles, adapters)

Are you having display errors? Please describe if you have any.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
AÖzpa
Beginner

Hello,

I am using HDMI cable.

There is no any display error.

(

I only need to see and select 2560X1080 on the display settings.

At the moment, I am using 1920x1080. And, unfortunately, shapes/pictures are not nice on the screen.

For example, when I write "square" on google, "square" shape seems like a "rectangle".

Or when I add a "square" on MS-Word, "square" shape seems like a "rectangle"

).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello aozpamuk

Thank you for your response.

Looking into the information of your system we see that there is a new version of graphics driver available for your system, please refer to the following link to download the drivers.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27417/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=85552 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27417/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?product=85552

Hope this help.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
AÖzpa
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

Normally, when I try to update the driver of Intel HD Graphics on Display Settings, the message says that your driver is latest one. (10.18.10.4358)

But, I tried to load the newer driver (10.18.10.4885.exe - 64 bit) which you informed.

Unfortunately, I could not find 2560X1080 on the Display Settings again.

According to you, must I see 2560X1080 alternative in the menu of Display Settings with this driver at the moment?

What is your comments? Must I also inform to HP / LG?

Thank you very much for your support...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello aozpamuk

Thanks for your response

Allow me to investigate further the situation, I will be posting back as soon as news become available.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello aozpamuk

Thank you for waiting.

I was able to get info from the graphics report that you have sent, the Display information states that 2560 x 1080 (60p Hz) resolution is not allowed or supported.

In this case, you might want to refer to the TV maker and see if they have a way to modify the EDID for his TV for the resolution needed.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello aozpamuk

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos